Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Amazing 2nd Day

We had an amazing 2nd day of school.  These kids are picking everything up so quickly. We can't believe how well they sit for lesson time and how eager they are to work.  

Mrs. Fleischmann showing the kids how to do matching.  
Here are some friends matching.  




We talked about the name of our school and sang our school song.  You guys didn't even know we had a school song, did you??  Well here it is:

Climb Up Sunshine Mountain
Climb, climb up Sunshine Mountain
friendly breezes blow.
Climb, climb up Sunshine Mountain
children learn to grow.
Smile, smile it's great to be here
new things we will try.
Climb, climb up Sunshine Mountain
you and I.

We also sang a fun song yesterday and they were all doing the movements and singing along.

This is the way I move!
(tune: Mulberry Bush)
This is the way I touch my nose, touch my nose, touch my nose
This is the way I touch my nose, when I'm at Sunshine Mountain.

This is the way I jump up and down....
This is the way I balance on one foot...
This is the way I spin around...
This is the way I touch my toes....
This is the way I sit on my spot....

We learned how to pour.  Ask your child what was in the little pitchers.  


Of course we sang, "I'm a little teapot".

I'm a little teapot
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up, then I shout.
Tip me over and pour me out!

I'm a clever teapot, yes it's true.
Here let me show you what I can do. 
I can change my handle and my spout, just
Tip me over and pour me out!

Here are some friends doing snips. They couldn't wait to get their hands on the scissors.


Work time!








No comments:

Post a Comment